Thursday, April 9, 2009

Omelette with shrimp and chili


My wife always convinces me to cook. And we find that I am a pretty good cook. Although everytime I cook, it will be something different. I don't really care about the recipe but after a while, I found that having the recipe is helpful.. but we don't need to be very strict on that.

Each family has different preference in taste and styles. For me and my wife, we prefer rather tasty food. Since we are Thai, the main ingredients we always use are chili and garlic. Even when we cook some western style, we also add chilli.

Today I will give you a simple recipe which you can make within 10 mins, "Omelette with Shrimp and Chili".

Ingredients:
3 cloves garlic mid size
3 Large Eggs, fine beated
15 Shrimps, peal off skin, head and tails
1/2 t.sp. sugar
1 tb.sp. vegetable oil (I use soya oil)
6 Thai chilis (prik-ki-noo)coarse blended
2 t.sp. Fish sauce (if not, soy sauce can do)
a bit of pepper and coriander/parsley for decoration

Cooking:
1. Pre-heat non-stick pan, high heat, put soya oil in the pan
2. Once the pan gets warm, put garlic and stir until slightly yellow
3. Add shrimps, stir until cooked then add chili (at this point, you may sneeze so be careful) add sugar
4. Add fish sauce to the beaten egg, slowly pour beaten eggs into the pan, turn your pan so the egg is flatten
5. Turn down the temperature on your gas stove to medium
6. When the egg starts to cooked on the side, stir gently until well cooked
7. Put the egg on the dish, add a bit of pepper and decorate with coriander leaves

No comments:

Post a Comment